Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

New Year Resolutions!

 




I know resolutions can be overrated and that’s the reason I planned to go with the normal flow from 2022 and not overwhelm myself with resolutions but on the 1st of January, 2023 I realized some areas I wanted to become better and one of them was to clean my surroundings more

If I was asked to rate people according to the hygiene of their surroundings, I’ll put OCD people as Grade A, Very clean people(these ones clean everything regularly) as Grade B and Clean People like me as Grade C(We clean frequently and as the sprit leads, no routine but we maintain our surrounding). Won’t even bother to grade the rest

 I plan to upgrade to Grade B this year and to achieve that I created a 2023 goals list and resolution tracker on Excel😅😅

(my level of seriousness is something else)

, created actions i.e sweep my room daily and general cleaning(sweeping and mopping)  of my room, restroom, and kitchen every 3 days.

This morning by 12am, I realized today was for general cleaning again and I was like

“ohhhh God🙅

So sooonnn???”

Anyways, I’m done cleaning now and tagging it as “Done” on my tracker brings sooo much joy and fulfillment. I’m proud of myself. I plan to keep this up till the end of the month/ year and really believe I would the same way I succeeded at subconsciously training myself to increase my water intake last year, now I can stand in as Aquawoman in the next marvel movie.

On the 31st of January, I’ll write again and if I failed to stick through with it, I’ll come back laughing at myself.

 









Pray for me🙏

Thanks for reading this

P.S Do you have new year resolutions for 2023?

        What are they?

       How would you rate your self hygiene-wise?

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

I hated the word "servant"