Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

Are you a wealthy youth?


Are you a wealthy youth?



My friends and I were having a good laugh๐Ÿ˜‚ about our poor money decisions and it was so funny how wise girls like us could make such decisions. We all had the big dream of being young and rich๐Ÿค‘ but we weren’t. We spent money on bags, shoes, weaves, makeup, entertainment and clothes that made us happy for a day or two and then we returned to being broke girls, our bank accounts and stomachs were rich for a second but at least we could get away with looking rich for a long time. I had always asked myself in my broke state, can I enjoy myself and satisfy my wants without getting nairaless at the end of the day or do I always have to sacrifice one for the other? after reading Arese Ugwu’s book “The smart money woman” I got my answer. I realized that as an evolving youth our wants range increase and one of the responsibilities of an adult is to manage finances while satisfying desires. In order to do this, we need to gain knowledge on savings, budgeting and investing.
Budgeting
Budgeting is simply arranging our needs in the order of priorities. For me I try to put my needs with their price tag and calculate how much I would end up spending from my income. My typical school budget looks like this
Budget
     :   K
Tithe
***  :  **
Offering
***  :  **
Provisions
***  :  **
Food etc
***  :  **


Savings
We’ve all been advised to save but the big question is how do I save? Throughout my 100 to 300 level I had tried saving and failed woefully because I always tried to save 30 to 50 percent of my pocket money which left me drinking garri for days and at the end of it all when I couldn’t bear it any longer I ended up spending the money in a short period in the spirit of “I can’t come and kill myself”. After reading “the richest man in Babylon” I realized that in order to build a healthy saving culture you have to start little, let’s say 10% of your income and grow from there.
Investment
The real goal is to get wealthy; you can’t get wealthy on your savings but you can on investments. To me the main reason for savings is for investments. According to the richest man in Babylon you have to save to raise funds for investments and then study extensively on a business you have interest in or do it with someone you trust (the person must be knowledgeable about it) before you invest.
  I hope you enjoyed this article, check out other articles and you can get  “The richest man in Babylon” and Arese Ugwu’s “The Smart money woman”by commenting and it would be sent to your mail. Have a great day๐Ÿ˜‡

Comments

Unknown said…
This is beautiful..ride on baby girl..I'm proud of you ๐Ÿ˜š
Unknown said…
Really nice content๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Nice content
You see excellent you see money..
We need more of this
Thanks
Unknown said…
This is so nice....I look forward to amazing Topics
Unknown said…
Darling, nice one. Thanks for the info
Sayrah said…
Great piece Dear. Thanks alot for the Insight
Unknown said…
Nice story, I have learnt that we don't get rich by saving but by investing ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป I can't wait to have more of this
Soala said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soala said…
This is very good. Keep on the good work, and reading smart money woman also opened my eyes too.
Unknown said…
Informative, now I have two more books I am interested in lol.
Unknown said…
Awwwwwnnn๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
This is amazing my baby is doing well
Unknown said…
wow
I enjoyed this
keep d good work moving
The best write up ave ever read
Am so in love
Pls I won’t mind reading the stories pls

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness