Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

Forgiveness



An important attribute of a person is their memories. The ability to remember events, words, people encounters, and fragrances is so essential,that when lost, we conclude that the individual will be unable to live to their full potential. As important as making new memories is to our lives, deleting the ones that serve as garbage to our minds, is of great necessity.

I used to be a walking encyclopedia for the harms done to me. It was a prized possession, it gave me enough reasons to cry when I felt down, enough reasons that I had every right to be pitied and given attention. In my head I was like, “you don’t know what they’ve done to me” but the truth was that I did not know the damage I was doing to myself.

The Lord’s prayers says;
“...and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us…”

Imagine yourself as a phone with 64GB of storage. You would agree with me when the storage is full, the phone becomes: 
Slow
Overheats
Cannot accommodate new and important information.
The same goes for your mind, you have to clear off those painful memories of what people have done to you and what you have done to yourself. This enables us to live a pure, clean, and  productive life.

The Forgiveness Process.
 I suggest you get a book and paper
Write a list of people that have offended you and the offense.
Understand the effect of letting go.
Decide to let it go and cancel out each offense on the paper.

Benefits of Forgiveness
It detoxifies your soul .
It changes your outlook on life.
It renews your mind and opens you up to new possibilities.
Lastly, and most importantly God would forgive you too.
If God keeps forgiving people like you and me, is that offender not worth it too?

Leave your comments regarding today’s topic.
Thanks for reading. Stay blessed and have a wonderful week.

Comments

Thanks a lot for sharing this words with us. It is wise to forgive. we do a lot of harm to ourselves when we refuse to forgive and let go of wrongdoings .Thanks Again....More Grace🙏🏾🙏🏾

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?