Groupie

 


The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently

The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys".

After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way.

The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla  is turning some of us into something else

I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light shine brighter, if you don’t, you’ll keep following and lose sight of how valuable you are to the world as an individual.

Thanks for reading again

What do you think about groupies?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

I hated the word "servant"