Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

I ALMOST CHEATED

 




 

Are you writing AEC 511 or FSN?

This lecturer was using his loud voice to scare away the formulas and answers I had used hours to store in my memory, I felt like telling him to keep quiet but remembered that it was getting pissed at the invigilator in my last exam for doing the same thing that made my memory disorganized so I calmed down.

I could not really picture my note to remember methods of data collection and their examples as well as the formulas for Kruka Wallis tests and spearman rank correlational coefficient in 5c and 5d. After putting down the parts my memory could offer, I was so frustrated. The three questions were 16 marks altogether and forgetting the formulas meant I was getting at least 4 marks. So for a split second I thought

“I wish I could go into the toilet and check my note for the formulas”

The thought was shocking. This was the first time that I had boldly completed any thought on cheating since that embarrassing time in JSS1 (my first Agric test, story for another day), I immediately started saying in my mind

“Holy Spirit, forgive me ooo. Please help me remember, if you leave me here, I am on my own”

From 100 level, I have never been so tempted to cheat. My mantra has always been

 “I WILL FAIL WITH MY CHEST” i.e. proudly without engaging in any malpractice.

It is now in 500level when the punishment for exam malpractice is expulsion

“OH Devil, you are a fat liar”

Anyways, I finally remembered the two formulas, later found out I made a mistake in one of them but still grateful to God. If that thought ever crosses your mind, please don’t take action, pray that God helps you remember. No exam is worth losing your integrity over.

P.S my notes were in front of the class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

I hated the word "servant"