Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

Hiding from God

 


My exams on Wednesday and Friday had not gone as planned both of them left me feeling like I did not read enough, I felt like a failure and had no interest in showing my face to God at the thanksgivings done after every exam in chapel. Nevertheless, my course mate motivated me to attend the thanksgiving towards the end on Friday. As I sat talking to God during worship. I realized something about myself.

I am the kind that when I fail, my first instinct is to hide, work hard get a better result before showing myself again. When I did not do so well in my exam on Wednesday, my instinct was to work hard and do better in the next exam before talking to God again. As if, I was trying to prove that my better performance made me worthy to ask for his help in the previous and next exam (angels should make the lecturer favour my papers, since that’s my last resort). And I realized that if truly I was God’s child and representative, I am meant to report to him after each exam whether it was bad or good. Tell him where I made mistakes and thank him for the ones I could remember.

When I realized this, I turned and told God

“Your girl messed up, I got angry and became disorganized in the first paper and messed up the formulas in the second one. Please cause my lecture to favour me, you hold the hearts of kings in your hands”

I believe God was just waiting for me to admit that I needed his help again. I really want to apply this when things do not go as planned in other aspects of my life. 

Thanks for reading friends,you guys are dear to my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

I hated the word "servant"