Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

Born Again


As we grow into adulthood, we tend to have a desire to find the truth for ourselves, and stop depending on what we’ve been told. As a growing teenager I started to have reasons why I wanted to find God for myself, to know if he really exists and what he was really about. In church, I was told that if I am not born again when Jesus comes, I would go to hell. Therefore, I confessed that Christ is my lord and saviour several times: when I lied, watched a movie about hell, wanted him to answer my prayers, listened to preachings or when I was just unsure of my salvation. I realized that I was always lying and doing what God hates so I was always confessing and promising that I would change my ways. I got into a Christian university where the salvation message was always preached and I was always told I could access God once I become his child so I answered the altar call again, but the issue was after answering the altar call what next?  I stopped listening to secular music, made sure I did not lie and tried my best to live a life that God would be proud of. But still after some days I felt the need to do it again๐Ÿ˜” and again even though I felt like I wasn’t really committing sin. At Shiloh 2019, I decided to rededicate my life, and was determined to live a Christian life from then on. On January 6th 2020,I was listening to a message by Jackie Hill Perry and I realized that all this time I had been answering the  altar call I had never given my life to Christ, I didn’t know the person I was claiming to give my life to, I did not know what sin was, neither did I know what it meant to make Christ my lord and saviour.
She said Sin means unbelief. Adam and eve’s sin was that they did not believe God was telling them the truth about what the forbidden fruit will do to them. For me, my sin was unbelief, lying when he said I shouldn’t, crying๐Ÿ˜ญ that he has not answered my prayer when he said he would, scamming my parents when I needed money even though he said he would provide all my needs without me lying etc. I simply did not believe him. I always thought God was a big and mighty being that was going to crush me for doing wrong. I said I knew he loved me but I never believed it, I never believed his first identity was Love ๐Ÿ’“(John 3:16). She emphasized that giving the authority over your life to Christ and making him my lord and saviour meant that I was saying I could see the beautiful things he created(the sky, the sun, the earth, me) and I was saying that I trust him to lead me in the right way and do beautiful things with my life too so I give it to him. I gave my life to Christ not just to prevent hell but because I trust him and I believe that he loves me more than I love myself.
So what next after giving my life to Christ? The next thing is to find out more about God, he had been waiting for me to understand him and to show himself to me through his words in the bible, so now I obey what he says  not because I’m trying to be a Christian but because I know he loves me and is wise enough to tell me what is good for me; all those laws are to protect me and not to cage me. Christ loves me and he loves you too.
Will you give your life to him? He loves you too.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Does that mean you would be perfect after you confess? No, but when you fall short run to the one who loves you and repent, ask him to help you and he surely will.
Happy Easter!!! 
Thanks for reading and have a lovely day.

Comments

SheTalks said…
Awwww
This is beautiful. Thank you for this. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›
Unknown said…
How do I love this a thousand times. Thanks for sharing the gospel, what a way to start ny day.
Unknown said…
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญvery very nice and impactful. We find that alot of us tend to do this same thing. Faith in God is the proof that you believe in Him and God can do anything. For me, I found my testimony after reading redeeming love by Francine Rivers. The book shows us that God's mercies are new every morning and He's never going to give up on us. Never no never๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ Hallelujah

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness