Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

The Call of Moses



The first encounter Moses had with God seems like a story most of the time but recently I was moved to read it again and see
what I found from Exodus 3 and 4.

1. Curiosity is indeed the mother of revelation and invention.

 3:3-4a And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see …

God set a situation to catch the attention of Moses, he wanted to see if Moses was curious enough. Are you curious, do you wait to examine things around you, are you so attentive to your life and environment to notice the minute changes?

2. God called him and he answered.

3:4b God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I…

Just like the call of Samuel, God called them and they answered. It is possible they could have run away out of fear. Look within are you running from God’s call?

3. God introduced himself.

3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God…

I believe God wanted him to know him. The same way God calls us and reminds us of who he is, what he has done in our lives before, even things we did not take notice of.

4. God told him the purpose for his call on his life.

3:10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt…

5. Moses asked about his identity.

3:11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

We have to ask our creator and discover ourselves, who am I, what is special about me? God reassures Moses that so far as he is with him, he would succeed at this daunting task.
6. The instrument for the assignment was already in his hand.

4:17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs

Most of the times the instrument for our purpose is something we have been playing with since birth. It doesn’t always look glorious. It might be your flair for talking, telling stories, painting etc

You can read the account again in your bible and point of the new things you notice.

Leave a comment about  your thoughts on this article
Thanks for reading. Stay blessed and have a blessed week ahead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness