Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

How to Overcome Low Self Esteem


Self  esteem is an individual’s perception of his/her self worth. I was also a victim, I cannot remember when it started but I can remember I always wanted to hide, sometimes in lockers, I hated meeting new people because I felt less than everyone else, there was no will to try new things because I believed I would fail anyways.  This perception made me live  below my full potential but I have passed the test now. The following are the ways I used to build up my self esteem, you can do it too.

Identify the things that make you feel bad about yourself and write down the opposite.
E.g. I am not beautiful
Opposite: I am beautiful

Recite the opposite of those negative thoughts and reaffirm yourself. Say it even if you don’t believe it at first.

Change your environment
Your environment consist of the music,words,people you listen to. Start listening to positive words, music etc. and stay away from toxic people. I would recommend "love myself" by Hailee Steinfeld


Magnify your strengths
Make a list of your best  features. For instance, you might have a good voice, sing good positive songs to yourself till it makes you smile.

Challenge yourself
Tryout those things you fear the most. It can be making new friends, speaking up, trying that subject or course you fail every time but this time, tell yourself I can do it as much as you want before you start.  Learn to do those things afraid. Life is exciting that way.

I hope this article has an impact on you.
Leave a comment on your thoughts about this article and share your own tips, if you have changed your negative self perception to positive.
Thanks for reading. Stay blessed and have a wonderful day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness