Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

This money consciousness is killing us (what is your passion?)


As a young child, I touched things I was not allowed to but I never touched people’s money without permission, simply because I believed the law of karma worked for money, money was something to be protected because more money meant less troubles. I maintained this mentality till I became older, I started to scheme of ways to get more money, I thought of every possible thing, car wash (which my dad strongly opposed),modelling, Forex, starting a cleaning agency ,real estate, starting a lesson teacher company not because I really loved these things but mainly because money was on my mind. At a point, I asked myself what do I really love to do, I had no answer because I had forgotten passion was important, I believed through discipline I could make myself do whatever it is even if I did not necessarily like it.
Through our daily evening prayer meetings, this mentality has begun to change, money is not something you make it is something God gives and takes. He is the owner, so he would provide. My money consciousness was birthed from the fact that I did not want to depend on anyone financially (even though I still do) but God says even if a mother can forget her child, he would not forget us. If we serve him, he would provide bread and water. That means so far as we serve him and obey him, he would provide, the Israelites experienced this with manna. Although, I don’t know what would happen tomorrow but I know if I stay in God my needs would be met Matt 6:33 is the proof. Most great people focused on things they could do for free because they loved it. Take the money consciousness aside what would you continue to do even though you received no payment. For me if I could do something in life for free it would be to improve the Nigerian education system and to help peoples businesses grow or generally turn their finances aroundWhat is yours?
P.S this does not mean we should not have investments in several fields but start with finding your passion.

Leave a comment about your thoughts on this article.
Thanks for reading. Stay blessed and have a wonderful day.

Comments

iBuild said…
I believe your passion should be able to generate funds. In order to be able to get investors or loan.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness