Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

New Adult of the Week

Chat with Adeola Serena, C.E.O of serena hairline


IG Handle: @miss_serenade, @Serena hairline
Background
We are three girls in the family. My dad is a pastor and my mum is a nurse. I went to Barachel primary school and secondary school. I’m an undergraduate at Ekiti University
Likes and dislikes
I love doing business and I dislike rude people
What is the greatest challenge you have experienced in business?
Attending to customers with different temperament, some are very rude and you have to learn how to relate with them.
What do you love about yourself?
I love the fact that I’m determined to be self employed
Favourite book
War and peace by Leo Tolstoy
If you could solve one problem in Nigeria, what would that be?
corruption


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness