Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

How to maintain peace in this covid era



Peace to me is maintaining calmness at heart despite challenges holding on to your trust in God. Due to this pandemic, we are exposed to anxiety and fear especially mothers who now have degrees in corona studies. To me, worrying is simply overworking my mind, analyzing an issue I have no control over. Regarding Covid-19, there is nothing we can do except for doctors or scientist or government officials (decision makers geng) if you are just a normal citizen like me it is easy to allow anxiety and fear have its way into your heart but don’t.
God has promised us peace and I found this in Philippians 4:6-8
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”
When I feel very worried about issues, I can’t control, I talk to God (sincerely explaining how I feel) and then my peace is restored (listening to a really calm music helps I’ll recommend peace by hill song).Some scriptures about Gods promises on peace:
“May the God of hope fill you with peace and joy as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit” Romans 15:13
Isaiah 26:3                         John 14:27
John 16:33                         Matthew 11:28-30
Isaiah 55:12                        Isaiah 54 :10
Note - Pray and reassure worried loved ones(mums) that God is in control and remind them of God’s peace promises, check on your friends that are leaving alone, so no one falls into depression. Pray for those in need, the homeless, the infected, those with other kind of sicknesses and generally the world at large. Help those in need in any way possible. God is making a way out. Hold on and have peace.
Thanks for reading, stay blessed and have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness