Groupie

Image
  The first time I heard this word was when Drake called someone a groupie in one of his songs, I did not check for the meaning until an influencer talked about it recently The google definitions are too extreme and derogatory but in the context of what I'm talking about a groupie can be someone who always wants to be with the "happening guys". After pondering about it for a couple of days I realized we might be and this mentee, mentor, networking, your association rave in Nigeria might have turned most of us to “groupies” in a way. The need to follow the latest popping person, enter their dms and introduce yourself, ask them to mentor you or to just be able to say I know them, bla bla bla   is turning some of us into something else I don’t have much to say but I pray we remember that as we appreciate the light in others, their talents and gifts, we'll never  lose sight of the light, talents and gifts we carry too. Appreciate them but focus on making your light

“Inside” life: what do I do with this break😟?



Staying at home to chill and escape school or work is exciting but being confined in any space for a long time becomes frustrating because naturally as humans we are social beings and it is also an infringement on our human rights (freedom of Movement).

I have been practically inside the house for about 3 weeks even though I’m in Ibadan (A written law by the mother of the house😩) and in these three weeks I have been excited about the sudden holiday, rested, frustrated, cried and gotten tired. At first, I was waking up by 10am so that the day would run out fast but now that we attend covenant hour of prayer by 5:30😴, I have no choice but to look for actual things to do. After the first week I decided to do other things aside sleeping, cooking and watching movies. Therefore, I downloaded an animation app but I gave up when I saw y and x axis 😢(asin I gave up graphs after secondary school), I guess I downloaded the wrong app. I started learning how to do my makeup, I started learning in 200 level but I got tired but now I’m so serious that I draw my brows b4 bathing😂, thank God for YouTube and my friends that give me reviews but still I’ve not been able to do that lit makeup I guess I bought the wrong foundation. One of my baby sis taught me how to do abstract painting but mine came out bad so I poured flowers on it, now it looks like a paper garden😅. I’m also trying my hands-on other things, being jobless is not funny at all.
I have used 3 monthly data plans in 3 weeks, I really pray I’m not flat broke when this is over. Some of my friends are using Netflix to chill. Maddo
New things to try during this lockdown
Meditation (to maintain a healthy mindset)
Reading books (bible, inspirational, novels, on any topic of interest)
Trying out online challenges (its really fun)
Animations
Online courses of interest etc.
Craft-works (bag making and so on with the use of YouTube)
Stop reading news on how many people have died (I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want any form of fear)

New articles would be posted on Wednesdays and Sundays at noon. Leave a comment on your lockdown experience😂 and your suggestion on things to try out during this period. While we wait for this pandemic to be over pray, enjoy your time with your loved ones and also try out new things you would be too busy to do after it’s over. Thanks for reading. Stay blessed and have a great day😇

Comments

iBuild said…
My lockdown experience has been interesting. I read and exercise.
Leo Excellent said…
I have been to lazy to exercise,I guess iv gained more than 5kg😁

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a wealthy youth?

Forgiveness